Thursday, September 2, 2010

Louisbourg Day 4

August 26th, 2010 (Day 4)

7:10 AM
An early wake up

8:00 AM
Breakfast was a quiche, along with the usual sides.

8:45 AM to 9:30 AM
Headed for Visitor Centre, got on bus, went to Chevalier House

9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Since it was pouring outside, we were not allowed to excavate that day. Instead we had a tour of a building called the Carrerot House that was all about architecture of the time period. After we had finished touring that exhibit we then went to the forge to talk to the Black Smith about artillary. He gave us a tour of the artillary storage area, which was known as the The Royal Magazine. He knew a lot about weapons and that is what everyone kept asking questions about haha. I was quite smitten by the blacksmith.

11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
We had a lunch at the Chevalier House. I had a deli sub and my milk was bad haha.

1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Since we didn't get a chance to get out to the site, we had all the presentations so we could spend more time on Friday at the site. The presentations were about the siege sites located outside the fortress, fortifications and the history of 1758.

4:00 PM
With the presentations over, we were given some time to do whatever we wanted. I decided I want to tour the little museum on the site that was built in the 1930s. Inside it had a complete model of the constructed town.

5:00 PM
By this time, we arrived back at the Visitor Centre. While there, I picked up some more stuff at the gift shop. We had agreed to meet up around 7 for dinner at the Grubsteake restaurant.

5:30 to 6:10 PM
A couple of us headed out to the 19th/20th century cemetery located along the coast. After looking through it, we went to the Royal Battery once again, but this time in the daylight. It was gloomy and rainy though.

6:20 PM
We stopped by the Louisbourg Marine Museum that was about boats and what not. It smelt really weird in there so I did not stay in for long.

6:30 PM
Went to a gift shop in Town to pick up some more things for my family.

7:00 PM
We all met up at the Grubsteake for dinner. I ordered the shrimp alfredo pasta with crab cakes as an appetizer. I had an alcoholic drink called a Louisbourg Fog Lift which was pretty much a Screwdriver. But it got me a good buzz. I then had Ameretto Cheesecake for dessert.

7:45 PM
We took a walk down Louisbourg so I could go to the Nova Scotia Liquor Board so I could pick up a bottle of red wine for my parents.

8:30 PM
I went back to the B&B for a nice hot bath in the jacuzzi tub. It was wonderful and so relaxing. I took a quick rinse off to wash my hair. I then watched the Simpsons. I then uploaded my pictures to let my family know I was still alive.

11:30 PM
A nice early bed time compared to the rest of the week after a nice bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment