Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cooking!

I decided to make a few things in the last few days.

First up, Butter Chicken with Balsmati rice.

What you will need:


Cut up chicken into smaller peices. Satay in 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil


Cook rice as directed


Add Butter Chicken Sauce to chicken. I prefer the PC brand Butter Chicken but VH was on sale. Simmer for about 5 minutes on low.


Cooking rice usually takes about 20 minutes. Boo.


Pour chicken and sauce over rice. Yum!


Banana Bread! I'll post the recipe later. The secret to moist banana bread is sour cream!

What you will need:

Look how moist it is!



Pitas!

I love pitas, and making them is so easy.

What you will need:

If you're a carnivore like me, you'll want meat on your pita. I prefer to use pork soulvaki. Cook'em on the grill, or in the oven with the broiler setting if you suck at grilling like me, according to the package.

If your grocery store has them, buy a pre-made greek salad. This will save you money since feta cheese is pretty expensive. I put a little bit of it in a bowl, as I like to add Kraft's Greek Feta and Oregano salad dressing. If you pour the dressing all over the whole salad and don't use it all, it's digustingly soggy and limp.



Pour some dressing ontop of the salad. I use this, but you might want to use regular greek dressing. Put a top over the bowl or plastic wrap and shake it up.

The trick to making your pitas fold over without cracking/splitting is to bake them. Lightly brush on some cooking oil on both sides and put them in the oven for about 3 minutes on 350 F. Watch them, or they'll go black like my first attempt did (I put the oven on a timer for 5 minutes, which apparently was waaaaaay too long).


After your meat is cooked and your pita bread is baked, spread on some tzatziki sauce. Mmmm.
Add your fillings!

Fold over and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment